The Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps is inviting qualified applicants and nominations for the position of Brass Technician.
• Availability to attend rehearsals and performances (as noted below)
• Prior experience in a drum & bugle corps or competitive marching band program
• Knowledge of brass fundamentals and pedagogy
• A desire to help HS/college students develop brass skills
Additional consideration given to applicants with:
• Prior experience serving on the brass staff of a drum & bugle corps
• A music degree, or currently studying music (education or performance)
• The ability to handle minor brass equipment maintenance/repair issues
Terms of Employment:
• Attend all rehearsal camps in Bakersfield, CA.
• Tour regionally with the Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps from 6/19/15 – 7/12/15.
• Abide by all rules and regulations set forth by Golden Empire Performing Arts and the Kern Community College District.
• Complete all required pre-employment paperwork.
• Responsible for individual and small group instruction in the area of brass performance.
• Work with students to achieve the learning objectives set forth by the brass caption head.
• Attend any required staff meetings.
• Interact with the staff and students in a professional manner.
• $500.00 stipend
• Travel, accommodations, and meals while “on tour”
Applicants should submit the following: a letter of application addressing the qualifications listed, a current résumé, two recent letters of recommendation, and contact information for three references to:
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Candidates recommended for employment are subject to a background investigation.